Friday, September 27, 2013

So there.

I am officially a student at Paradigm High School! Oy. I wrote a draft of this post and it didn't save. We will see if I can remember what I said.

Well, as always, life has worked out. At least this part of life. There is so much to life that you can't really say that it's ALL worked out. Anyway, I am so grateful. The odds that I would get in were very small. But I felt like it was right, and I realized that if it was, that it would happen. I had to put a lot of faith in God. It was so worth it. 

There's more to this than just being in a good school, though. When we were talking to the counselor, my mom asked her if I was going to be able to graduate normally, because I took my sophomore year off, basically. The counselor was surprised, and said something along the lines of "oh no, you'll graduate normally, no problem. You have two years, you'll graduate." HOW AWESOME IS THAT? I got to have a year off to breathe and grow, and it will hardly affect my education at all. 

So I have something to say to all the people that told me that I'm "screwing up" my life, and that I'm making the wrong choices by doing what I did, and that my mom is a "bad mom" for letting me drop out like that. Here it is: ha ha, you were wrong, my way was better than yours, I win, in your face, SO THERE. 

I know it's wrong and extremely childish to behave that way, but can I just have a minute to rub it in their faces? I mean seriously. I have been putting so much trust in God over the last year. I walked into this situation because it felt like the right thing. I didn't know why, but it was. I just kept on trusting, and because I kept having faith that the answers I was getting were right, I was led here. Trusting God was much more effective than trusting google. I would recommend it. 

I am so blessed. 

I was given a year to stop and breathe. It was much needed. Life was going too fast before. Things would happen, and everything was going so fast that I couldn't digest them. I needed some time to recuperate. And what's amazing is that I was actually given that. Like I was given a year of perspective and paradigm shifts. (Ha. Geddit? PARADIGM shifts? Yeah alright.) It was almost like in movies when someone wishes for something like "I wish I never had a mom" or "I wish my birthday was every day" and then they get it and they realize it sucks. Then they cry and they're like "I take my wish back wahh" and then when it's reversed, they're so grateful for their life that they can't stop smiling. Then someone asks them why they're acting so weird, and then they just wink at the camera or something cliche like that. 

That's what this is like. I can't stop smiling. I'm so happy to have a good school and education that I just love life. I think that's an achievement. If there was a camera to wink into, I would wink into it.

Life is wonderful, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment