Thursday, August 8, 2013

Caterpillars, cocoons, butterflies, and my hair.

Well, I'm an idiot. I should be posting a lot more. I should be at least writing, if not posting. I know I love to write and I know it's good for me. Why don't I do it? Because it's hard? I don't think so. I love to do it. Because I don't have time? Well that's a dumb excuse. I have plenty of time. I think this is very similar to reading my scriptures. I know it's good for me, I know it makes me happier, yet I never keep up the habit of doing it. Oh well. I'm writing now. 
Most of you should know by now that I chopped off my hair. Almost all of it. It was an insane decision for me to make, because those who know me well know that I loved my hair. I took very good care of it. It was always baby soft and it hardly ever tangled. It was the stuff of fairy tales, I tell you. 
So why did I chop it off? Because I forgot that there was a human being underneath it. And I look way better with short hair. But more the human being thing. 
I depended on my hair to feel pretty. It was my distinguishing feature. It was the thing that people noticed. People would look at me and say "wow, your hair is so long!" And then they would feel it and be mesmerized by it. I felt so special because of it, and I was so afraid that I wouldn't be special or noticed without it. (And the fact that I was afraid of losing it was the biggest sign that it needed to go) 
I thought it said something about me, but it did no such thing. I mean, sure, it was gorgeous hair, and I made sure it always was. But it said absolutely nothing about the person behind it. 
I also really needed the change. I've been going through somewhat of a transformation or a metamorphosis, you might say. I feel like a caterpillar. I had to take some time to be in my cocoon, (which was some time off from everything to consider my life and discover myself) and some people didn't like that. Some people told me "you can't do that in the real world". Well, guess what, folks? I just did. And I'm a freaking butterfly now, for crying out loud. 
Cutting my hair was a part of that. My hair was part of my life when I was growing up. When I was a different person. Since most everything else about me changed and developed, the hair was the only thing left from that other person. Once I got rid of it, I completed my transformation. Now I feel different, act different, think different, and even look different. It's wonderful, isn't it? Life is good. 

Also, would you just look at this cat? 


I love it more than anything right now. Well that's not true. I like my family quite a bit and I am enjoying Doctor Who a whole lot. But seriously it's one of my favorite things. For some reason, seeing a black and white picture of a cat standing on its hind legs like a penguin or a person for a portrait makes me so happy I can't even begin to tell you. I laugh every time I see it. I mean loon at it! As;lsksfjdk IT'S SO CUTE. Normally I'm not a sucker for cute pictures of cats. But when it's in this style, I can't handle it. Anyway. Have a nice day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment